Explore Perth, an entirely unique Australian city. Because of its distance from other major cities, Perth has created its own personality. As a result, this cosmopolitan seaside town is far more laid back than Melbourne and Sydney. The easy-paced Perth lifestyle involves picnics, cycling, open-air movies under the stars in Kings Park, and long, lazy beach days spent surfing and sunbathing.
The wine is good in this part of the world, and the food is excellent, and Perth’s numerous attractions await, making a holiday in Perth, Australia, a fun experience. Choose this West Coast city as your base from which you can explore the Outback, or to enjoy a relaxing beach break. Whatever you come to do in Perth, you won’t be disappointed.
Why visit Perth
- Spend the summer relaxing and having fun in Kings Park.
- Enjoy superb weather year-round.
- Soak up the sun on some of Australia’s best beaches.
- Learn about the country’s fascinating Aboriginal culture in its Cultural Centre.
- Savour succulent seafood washed down with excellent craft beer.
- Enjoy the wild nightlife in Northbridge.
- Visit the charming own of Fremantle, just 30 minutes away.
- Explore Australia’s legendary wilderness areas including the Pinnacles, Broome and Monkey Mia.
Perth’s distance from the more visited destinations in Australia – it’s 3,300km from Sydney for instance – is one of the reasons it’s such a great place to explore. It’s so very different from the rest of the country, with its own inimitable personality and style. As visitors learn about its magic, Perth has opened up hip new bars and trendy restaurants, fabulous fashion boutiques and gorgeous hotels making the city one of Australia’s coolest travel destinations. Let Thompsons Holidays take you to Perth in 2024 on an unforgettable travel package to enjoy an adventure in this vibrant city.
Things to do in Perth
Once considered a modest stopover en route to more well-known Australian destinations, the lively West Coast city of Perth is fast becoming one of the most enchanting places to visit in Australia. Perth is thriving, trendy, exciting and modern, with beautiful beaches, a leafy inner-city park that offers numerous activities and lots of entertainment, fabulous nightlife, on-trend restaurants and bars, a variety of shopping opportunities and the chance to explore the vast wilderness surrounding it.
This beautiful city also affords visitors an excellent insight into Aboriginal culture, Australian wildlife and history, and charms holidaymakers with its varied food, exciting things to do and tourist attractions. Whether you enjoy a Perth holiday before you explore all that Australia has to offer, or visit the city to enjoy its uniqueness and modernity, you’ll have a holiday of a lifetime.
Things to do in Perth
- Enjoy a cruise on the Swan River to see the city from a different perspective.
- Visit Kings Park, the world’s largest inner-city park, with its varied attractions.
- Explore Rottnest Island and see indigenous wildlife including the adorable quokka – the happiest animal on the planet.
- Discover the magical Sunshine Coast, 40km of glorious beaches.
- Step back in time at London Court and Trinity Arcade for a glimpse into Perth’s fascinating past.
- Enjoy a variety of entertainment at the city’s newest precinct, Elizabeth Quay.
- Embark on the popular 2.5km Mount Dale Walk Trail.
- Explore the city’s only Heritage Site, historic Fremantle Prison.
- Sample excellent street food at one of the city’s bustling markets.
- Spend the day swimming, snorkelling and surfing at Cottlesloe Beach.
- Visit Rottnest Island and cycle around it to explore some of its white-sand beaches.
- Discover treasures at the Shipwreck Galleries in the Western Australia Museum.
Travel to Perth with Thompsons Holidays and explore a wonderful holiday destination. Blue sea, pristine beaches, a lush wine region, superb entertainment and one of the most breathtaking and unspoiled coastlines in the world are yours to explore on a Perth travel package.
Know before you go...
What must I pack?
- Depending on when you visit, lightweight clothing and beachwear for summer, warm layers for winter.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- Sunscreen, lip balm, hat and sunglasses for summer holidays.
- Mini first aid kit and regular prescription medication.
- Hand sanitiser and insect repellent.
- Travel adaptor.
What can I do to be a responsible traveller?
- Support the local economy.
- Be mindful of your impact on the environment.
- Respect each other's cultures and customs.
- Always have a map (or app) on hand, especially when travelling at night.
- Be safety conscious: don’t display cash or valuables. Leave jewellery and expensive watches at home.
- Keep your belongings safe – use the hotel safe for passports and valuables.
What do I do in an emergency?
- Contact the Thompsons Holidays 24-hour care line to assist
Out of season
We’re sorry! The holiday you’re looking for is not in season. Luckily, we have loads of other exciting options. Take a look!