Walt Disney World
Why go on holiday in Disney World Florida
There is no better place for families to come together than on a Walt Disney World holiday in the USA. Discover the wonders of four Disney World theme parks and two water parks, not forgetting countless opportunities for dining, shopping and recreation. There is also a variety of hotels to suit every family’s budget and size, making it easy to find the perfect Disney World package for you. Staying in the resort has its perks! You’re entitled guests to several specials including complimentary transport, extended theme park hours, Disney Dining Plans, MagicBands and complimentary WiFi.
Why we love Disney World holidays
- There are four magical theme parks to explore: Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- The two water parks, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon and Disney’s Blizzard Beach promise hours of fun for the whole family.
- Legendary Epcot is where high-tech fun and Disney imagination combine in two realms: Future World (the wonders of tomorrow, today) and World Showcase (visit 11 countries in one day).
There’s never a dull moment at Walt Disney World Resort. Whether you want to watch incredible sporting events at the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, play a leisurely round of golf, or enjoy an adrenaline rush on a trail biking adventure. Whatever type of Disney World holiday you’re after, Thompsons Holidays can arrange your holiday package from South Africa.
Things to do in Disney World Florida
A whole world of fun is waiting for your family on a Walt Disney World trip! With four fantastic theme parks to explore, including the Magic Kingdom, Disney’s Animal Kingdom, Epcot and Disney’s Hollywood Studios, where will you start your adventure? There are also two incredible water parks promising fun in the Florida Sun – Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park and Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon. You can even spend the day building sandcastles on a perfect white sandy beach.
Things to do on a Disney World trip
- Visit Once Upon a Time in the Magic Kingdom Park.
- Float high above the resort in a hot air balloon.
- See Rivers of Light and Pandora – The World of AVATAR in Disney’s Animal Kingdom.
- Experience Frozen Ever After and Test Track (from Chevrolet) at Epcot.
- Race through a haunted gold mine on the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad in Frontierland.
- Enjoy the film, Awesome Planet, at Epcot, that asks us to protect the Earth.
- Escape into the world of movies at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Enjoy the interactive walk-through exhibit, Bruce’s Shark World.
- Visit Melt-Away Bay at Disney’s Blizzard Beach Water Park.
- Discover Castaway Creek and other exciting thrills at Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon Water Park.
- Meet your favourite Disney characters.
Every day is full of exciting adventures at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. Adults enjoy this magical world as much as their kids – it brings out the child in us and lets us forget all our worries and have the time of our lives. Thompsons Holidays can take you on a dream Walt Disney World package, so call us now to make your booking.
Know before you go...
- The best time to visit Walt Disney World Florida is mid-November to mid-December (except Thanksgiving), the second week of January to mid-February, and the first three weeks of May and September.
- Summer (May to August) is the most popular – and busiest – time to visit the park.
- Flight duration from Johannesburg to Orlando in Florida: 20 hours, 25 minutes with a stopover in Atlanta.
- If you’re staying at a Disney Resort hotel, you get complimentary access to Disney’s Magical Express, a transfer service between Orlando International Airport and select Disney Resort hotels via a deluxe motorcoach.
- It’s fun and easy to get around Walt Disney World Resort! Our complimentary network of buses, boats and monorails can transport you between Disney Resort hotels, theme parks, water parks and shopping venues.
What must I pack?
- While summers at Walt Disney world are considered warm to hot, the winters can range from cool to cold and moderately cooler in the evenings, dress accordingly with cool clothes in the summer and layerable clothes in the winter.
- Special Events may have specific guidelines.
- Comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Sunscreen, lip balm, hat and sunglasses for summer holidays.
- Mini first aid kit and regular prescription medication.
- Hand sanitizer and insect repellent.
- Travel adaptor.
What can I do to be a responsible traveller?
- Acquaint yourself with the Walt Disney World rules and regulations.
- Avoid single-use plastic; instead, take fabric shopping bags with you and use refillable water bottles (when local drinking water is available).
- Respect other guests’ cultures and customs and avoid imposing your beliefs.
- Be safety conscious: don’t display cash or valuables. Leave jewellery and expensive watches at home.
- Keep your belongings safe – use the hotel safe for passports and valuables.
- If passports or valuables are stolen, report the theft to the hotel/police immediately.
- Contact the Thompsons Holidays 24-hour care line to assist.
Out of season
We’re sorry! The holiday you’re looking for is not in season. Luckily, we have loads of other exciting options. Take a look!