Thompsons Beach Island Holiday Destinations for 2020
Looking for the best beach island holiday destinations that 2020 has to offer you? Thompsons Holidays has curated a list of the best beach holidays in 2020 for you. Read on to find out which beach you'll be sitting on in 2020.
Mauritius Beach Holidays
A paradise island just a few hours away from South Africa, Mauritius has long been a popular choice for travellers in search of classic sun, sea and sand-filled beach holidays. With its magnificent beaches, exciting water sports, fabulous diving and deep-sea fishing, all-inclusive resorts and championship golf courses, it’s no wonder that Mauritius ticks all the boxes.
Things to do in Mauritius:
- Explore Port Louis’ Caudan Waterfront with its numerous shops and local handicrafts.
- Dine out in Grand Baie with its many excellent restaurants.
- See the incredible coloured earth and a beautiful waterfall at Chamarel.
- The island boasts numerous excellent championship golf courses.
- Kayaking, snorkelling, sailing, skiing and so much more water activities
- Adventurers can enjoy quad biking, hiking the infamous le Morne Mountain, ziplining, deep-sea fishing and sea carting
- Discover life beneath the waves scuba diving, snorkelling, on a glass-bottom boat excursion or underwater walk
Browse through our list of fantastic Mauritius holiday packages.
Zanzibar Beach Holidays
Zanzibar holidays are a traveller's delight. Explore some of the world's top rated beaches on your holiday in Zanzibar. Spend your days swimming, snorkelling or just relaxing on the beautiful stretches of beach. Should you wish to find a bit of a vibe in the evening, Zanzibar has a vibrant and lively nightlife. Contact us for more information on a holiday package to Zanzibar. Make 2020 your year of travel - let a Zanzibar holiday kickstart your year!
Things to do in Zanzibar:
- Take a tour of Stone Town, the old part of Zanzibar City, with its narrow alleys and bazaars.
- Indulge your senses in a Spice Tour.
- Prison Island Tour
- Sunset Dhow Cruises
- Jozani Forest Tours
- Go on a Safari Blue sea adventure.
- Snorkelling, Kayaking, fishing
Check out our Zanzibar holiday package for 2020.
Maldives Beach Holidays
The Maldives are a perfect destination for honeymoons, anniversaries, or for those simply looking for a romantic getaway. Families are also well catered for. With great food, service, villas, and resort facilities, it’s no surprise that the Maldives is one of the most popular destinations for those seeking the ultimate beach vacation!
Things to do in Maldives:
- Explore the island and visit a tiny village to learn all about the local’s culture and traditions.
- Enjoy a romantic picnic on a sandbank, just the two of you.
- Be pampered at a resort spa, with a selection of stunning health and beauty treatments.
- Go island hopping to nearby islands.
- View over 1,000 species of passing fish, ranging from tropical coloured varieties to sharks and manta rays when you go diving and snorkelling in the Maldives.
- Go surfing or stand-up paddleboarding, depending on your skill.
- Take a flight in a seaplane to see the islands from above.
- Embark on a romantic sunset cruise with your partner.
Indulge in a Maldives holiday package.
Thailand Beach Holidays
The ‘Land of Smiles’ offers a choice of absolutely beautiful beach destinations, some on charming little islands. Among the many tourist attractions, there are jungles and mountain retreats to visit, and glittering royal temples and ancient monasteries to explore. There are street markets and sophisticated city plazas, all brimming with fabulous items to buy. And did we mention that Thailand holiday packages are very reasonably priced.
Things to do in Thailand:
- Learn to cook traditional Thai food in a lush mountain setting in Chiang Mai.
- Explore Bangkok’s glittering Royal palaces, temples and traditional markets.
- Shop until you drop in shopping malls or street markets around Thailand.
- Enjoy snorkelling in the stunning Similan Islands near Khao Lak.
- See Krabi’s magnificent natural wonders, such as Noppharat Thara Beach National Park.
- Go coral diving outside of Krabi to the surrounding islands, home to some of the most beautiful reefs on earth.
- Visit a hill tribe village in Northern Thailand.
Seychelles Beach Holidays
Seychelles offers a truly unforgettable travel experience. The spectacular Seychelles islands are like a string of 115 perfect pearls sprinkled across the azure waters of the warm, inviting Indian Ocean. Famous for offering the “Best 5” - World Beating Beaches, Sapphire Blue Seas, Diverse Locations, Perpetual Summers, Great Diversity of Friendly People” – the Seychelles promises the ultimate beach escape with Thompsons Holidays. Explore some of Mahe’s 65 unspoiled white beaches and its lush inland forests.
Things to do in the Seychelles:
- Discover rare palms in the extraordinary Vallee de Mai or Garden of Eden on Praslin.
- Seychelles offers an unmatched water world to discover while scuba diving or snorkelling.
- Step back in time on La Digue as you cycle around the island.
- See the world’s heaviest seed, the sexy Coco de Mer, which resembles part of a woman’s torso.
- Explore Victoria, capital of Mahe and one of the smallest capitals in the world.
- Go snorkelling off the little island of St Pierre.
- Hike along Le Morne Blanc on the island of Mahe.
- Soak up the sun on Anse Lazio, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- Go scuba diving in Baie Ternay Marine Park.
- Sail off from Mahe to enjoy deep-sea fishing.
- Learn how to surf.
- Go island hopping to explore some of the other islands in the archipelago
Check out our wonderful Seychelles holiday packages.
Our specialised Travel Agents will be happy to assist you with any further information.