The Latest in Thailand Travel
Thailand has always been the most popular destination in the Far East for South African holidaymakers, many of whom make regular return trips. The arrival of Covid brought an end to all overseas travel but now there is a pent-up demand to get back to Thailand. The country slowly opened to receive tourists some months ago, but the health restrictions were quite strict to prevent further outbreaks.
The good news is that Thailand travel restrictions have been eased to welcome you back at your favourite holiday destination. Here are details of the main points you need to be aware of if you’re planning a Thailand holiday:
- The Thailand Pass registration and the mandatory health insurance requirement will be lifted from 1 July 2022 making it simpler and cheaper to get to Thailand.
- Travellers will be required to show proof of either the vaccination certificate or a negative RT-PCR test or a negative ATK result, both within 72 hours of travel.
- Furthermore, the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) announced they will ease the requirement for wearing a face mask, making it voluntary outdoors or in uncrowded places.
- The above eased restrictions have made travelling to Thailand hassle free and allows for last minute bookings.
The Thailand tourism news is that Thailand travel is back in full swing, with the country spruced up and ready to receive tourists with a traditional warm welcome. Here are some encouraging suggestions from the tourism authorities:
- The beaches in Thailand are looking clean and beautiful with warm azure water.
- Most shops are now open in Patong, and Bangla Road remains the highlight for travellers seeking great nightlife and entertainment.
- Travelers can relax and catch a tan on the less crowded beaches.
- Thailand remains an attractive beach destination for travellers and it’s more beautiful now than ever.
- Kata Beach and Karon Beach are great for surfers during monsoon season (April to October)
- Travellers can enjoy a variety of affordable street food dishes.
- Bangkok is working hard to regain its position as the number one shopping destination with more unbeatable bargains than ever before.
Thailand is a destination suited for all markets and there are many fun activities for all to enjoy. Call Thompsons for the latest packages for your Thailand holiday from South Africa. There is a choice of hotels in all categories to suit your pocket. Why not first pop into vibrant Bangkok for some retail therapy, nightlife and culture and then head off to an island for warm days lazing in the sun. Thailand welcomes you back so hurry and come!