SEYCHELLES HOLIDAYS 2020
For beach holidays in 2020 that are simply out of this world, the Seychelles offers a truly unforgettable travel experience. The spectacular Seychelles islands are like a string of 115 perfect pearls sprinkled across the azure waters of the warm, inviting Indian Ocean. Famous for offering the “Best 5” - World Beating Beaches, Sapphire Blue Seas, Diverse Locations, Perpetual Summers, Great Diversity of Friendly People” – the Seychelles promises the ultimate beach escape with Thompsons Holidays. Explore some of Mahe’s 65 unspoiled white beaches and its lush inland forests.
Discover rare palms in the extraordinary Vallee de Mai or Garden of Eden on Praslin. Relish the tranquillity of having no cars on the quaint island of La Digue and visit stunning Cerf Island, bordered by the diving paradise of Sainte Anne National Marine Park.
Seek solitude and privacy on the quiet islands of Desroches and Silhouette. Choose to discover the Seychelles in 2020 by hopping from island to island on a small ship with Variety Cruises and linger at islands that captivate you whilst snorkelling and diving amongst the colourful coral reefs.
Browse our incredible Seychelles holiday packages for 2020 and start your year of travel!
|FROM ||- ||By Ferry / Boat ||Domestic Flight |
|Mahé to Praslin ||40 Minutes (Ferry) || ||10 Minutes |
|Praslin to La Digue ||30 Minutes (Ferry) || ||- |
|Mahé to Cerf Island ||10 Minutes (Boat) || ||- |
|Mahé to Silhouette Island ||30 Minutes (Boat) || ||- |
|Mahé to Desroches Island || ||40 Minutes || |
|Mahé to Denis Private Island ||- || ||30 Minutes |
From the moment your aircraft touches down in Seychelles you will be in the competent hands of the Thompsons Seychelles team. Their mission is to ensure that every moment of your holiday lives up to your dreams. You will be transferred as quickly as possible to your chosen destination. Throughout your holiday, the Thompsons Seychelles team are on hand to assist you to make your holiday even more memorable. Your hosts in Seychelles aim to match their service to your requirements.Why we love the Seychelles
- These islands offer the quintessential beach holiday.
- Some are entirely untouched, offering a chance to really get away from it all.
- The islands are famous for their incredible natural beauty.
- The weather is idyllic all year round.
- The Seychelles islands are home to several endangered animals, including green turtles.
- Deep-sea fishing in Seychelles is world-class.
- Scuba diving sites around these magical islands are legendary.
- Seychelles is one of the world’s most romantic honeymoon destinations.
Holidays in Seychelles are dreams come to life. Mahe Island, together with the nearby isles of Praslin and La Digue, are Seychelles’ most sought-after destinations. But there are plenty of more remote islands to be discovered, each offering unique wildlife and unmatched scenery.
With 115 islands to choose from, there are plenty of things to do – especially for beach and water lovers. From sailing, snorkelling and scuba diving to hiking, surfing and island hopping, you’re spoiled for choice. Things to do in the Seychelles
- Discover rare palms in the extraordinary Vallee de Mai or Garden of Eden on Praslin.
- Seychelles offers an unmatched water world to discover while scuba diving or snorkelling.
- Step back in time on La Digue as you cycle around the island.
- See the world’s heaviest seed, the sexy Coco de Mer, which resembles part of a woman’s torso.
- Explore Victoria, capital of Mahe and one of the smallest capitals in the world.
- Go snorkelling off the little island of St Pierre.
- Hike along Le Morne Blanc on the island of Mahe.
- Soak up the sun on Anse Lazio, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- Go scuba diving in Baie Ternay Marine Park.
- Sail off from Mahe to enjoy deep-sea fishing.
- Learn how to surf.
- Go island hopping to explore some of the other islands in the archipelago.
Whether you’re keen to enjoy what your resort has to offer or wish to explore further afield and visit some of the magical islands around Mahe, a holiday package in Seychelles will be a journey of discovery. General infoLanguage:
The Seychelles has three official languages: Creole, French and English.Visa:
Irrespective of the nationality of the visitor there are no visa requirements to enter the Seychelles.Currency:
The local currency is the Seychelles Rupee, but EURO’s are widely accepted.Time:
2 Hours ahead of South Africa.Tipping:
Most charges (restaurant, hotel, taxis, porters, etc.) already include a 5% to 10% service charge or “tip”, so tipping is not obligatory in Seychelles. However, as a reward for exceptional service, a nominal tip is sure to be warmly received. What things cost
These are approximate prices and may vary according to hotels and seasons (Euro)
Bottle of water: €1-60 to €6-50
Bottle of wine: €15-00 to €116-00
Beer: €2-50 to €7-00
Soft drinks: €3-00 to €6-00
Pizza: €5-60 to €18-00
Taxi: €13-00 (Int’l. Airport to Victoria) Climate:
During the north-west trade winds that visit between the months of Oct and March, the sea is generally calm and the weather warm and humid, with average winds of 8-12 knots. During January and February the islands receive their life-giving rains, rejuvenating the rivers and streams and teasing the vibrant foliage into rainbows of colour. The months between May and September bring drier, cooler weather, and livelier seas – particularly on the south eastern coasts – and winds of 10-20 knots.
Get more information on seychelles from the Seychelles Tourism Board portal here.
Or download the Seychelles Islands E-Travel Guide app from the android store