Our Guide to the Beautiful Islands of the Seychelles
As a South African traveller, one of the most breathtaking destinations you can visit is the Seychelles. This archipelago, consisting of 115 islands in the Indian Ocean, is a true paradise on earth, with stunning beaches, crystal clear waters, and lush tropical landscapes. Before booking your Seychelles holiday packages, here is a guide to help you plan your trip to this beautiful island paradise.
When to Go to the Seychelles
The Seychelles has a tropical climate with temperatures averaging between 24°C and 32°C all year round. The best time to visit is between April and May or October and November when the weather is mild and there are fewer crowds. However, if you're looking for the best time to go snorkelling or diving, you may want to consider visiting between March and May or September and November when the water visibility is at its best.
What to See and Experience
There are so many stunning islands to explore in the Seychelles. Here are a few of the top ones to consider for your Seychelles holiday.
- Mahe Island: This is the largest island in the Seychelles and is home to the capital city of Victoria. You can visit beautiful beaches, take a tour of the island's botanical gardens, and explore the local markets.
- Praslin Island: This island is famous for its beautiful beaches, including Anse Lazio, which has been named one of the world's most beautiful beaches. It is also home to the Vallee de Mai Nature Reserve, a UNESCO World Heritage site where you can see the famous Coco de Mer palm tree.
- La Digue Island: This is a smaller island that is perfect for those looking for a more laid-back holiday. You can rent a bike and explore the island's many beautiful beaches, including Anse Source d'Argent, which is often named as one of the most beautiful beaches in the world.
- St Anne Island: This island is located just off the coast of Mahe and is a popular spot for day trips. It is home to the St Anne Marine National Park, which boasts some of the best snorkelling and diving spots in the Seychelles. You can also take a glass-bottomed boat tour to see the coral reefs and marine life up close.
- North Island: This private island is the epitome of luxury and exclusivity. It has been named as one of the world's most beautiful private islands and is home to just 11 villas. North Island is known for its stunning beaches, turquoise waters, and lush tropical forests. It's the perfect place to relax and unwind in a serene and secluded setting.
There are plenty of things to do in the Seychelles to keep you busy. Here are a few activities to add to your travel list:
- Snorkelling and Diving: The Seychelles has some of the best snorkelling and diving sites in the world. You can see a wide variety of marine life, including colourful fish, sea turtles, and even whale sharks.
- Hiking: There are many beautiful hiking trails in the Seychelles that offer stunning views of the island's natural beauty. The Morne Seychellois National Park on Mahe Island is a great place to start.
- Island Hopping: With so many islands to explore, island hopping is a popular activity in the Seychelles. You can take a boat tour to visit different islands and see their unique features.
The Seychelles is a beautiful destination that should be on every South African traveller's bucket list. Whether you're looking for a relaxing holiday on the beach or an adventure-filled trip, the Seychelles is a paradise filled with exceptional experiences. Just be sure to plan your trip during the best time of year for your desired activities and explore the many beautiful islands that make up this breathtaking archipelago. Browse our Seychelles holiday packages now to book your dream trip.