Sun City Activities
Sun City continues to be South Africa’s flagship holiday resort, a favourite for families, couples and groups of friends. The resort is truly a world-class entertainment center, with the list of legendary Sun City activities growing all the time.
Gambling and spectacular shows have been the drawcard for many visitors but the list of things to do in Sun City includes a variety of sporting and family activities making it an ideal location for couples, sportsmen, adventure seekers and families.
Top class golf has been the mainstay of the Sun City sporting facilities and the world-acclaimed Gary Player Golf Course is home to the Million Dollar Golf Challenge which attracts top players and eager spectators. The second course, The Lost City Course is equally challenging and includes a water hazard guarded by two very large crocodiles. You have been warned!
But there is much more to this pleasure resort than just gambling, golf and shows. Here is a list of some of the fun and interesting activities that await you at Sun City where you are almost guaranteed year-round sunshine.
- Two world-class golf courses
- The Valley of Waves, with its palm-fringed beach, wave surfing and water slides
- Chimp & Zee rope adventure course
- Choose one of three Segway tours – a quick lesson and off you go on two wheels
- Take off on a 2km thrilling zipline tour with speeds of up to 120kpm
- Head for the outdoor adventure center for quad biking in the game park, archery lessons, hot-air balloon rides and much more
- For the little kids there is mini golf, mini quad bikes and rides on the Stimela Train.
- The older kids can check into Camp Kwena for a day of fun activities
- Breakout – this requires team work to unlock the puzzle to escape from the room
- Forest of Lights will delight young and old with hidden paths and colourful lighting
- Bounce onto the trampolines at the Jump Park
- The Magic Company offers a wide range of games and 10-pin bowling
- Sun Central includes two levels of entertainment, shopping, restaurants, and movies
- Find your way out of the Maze – the largest in the Southern Hemisphere
- Waterworld includes tube rides, skiing, tandem parasailing, and boat rides
If these attractions don’t get you raring to go nothing will! Sun City day visits are popular but as you can see you will need more than a day to do justice to the above activities. Call Thompsons Holidays and enquire about our affordable accommodation packages to Sun City. For a special occasion spoil yourselves and check into the spectacular Palace of the Lost City for a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience.