The gold rush continues in Johannesburg. This is the largest city in South Africa, Johannesburg, the financial and commercial heart of the country.
Business is business, but pleasure is pleasure – in the affluent suburbs of Sandton, Hyde Park, Rosebank, Melrose Arch and Fourways, are vast, opulent shopping centres to appeal to the most avid of shoppers. There’s something for everyone - exclusive boutiques, outstanding eateries, vibrant pavement cafes and theme complexes for entertainment.
Thompsons Memorable Must-do Experiences
- Enjoy panoramic views of Johannesburg and its surrounding areas while floating through the air in a hot air balloon.
- Built around a 19th Century Gold Mine, the world-class Gold Reef City theme park is a must for a fun filled day out
- Get the adrenalin pumping at the Orlando Towers in Soweto - bungee jump, power swing, internal swing or rap jump to get back down.
- Shop up a storm at Sandton City, regarded as the most glamorous international standard shopping mall in Southern Africa.
- Take a trip on Africa’s first world-class, modern rapid rail system, the Gautrain travelling at 160km/h.