Discover a Unique Safari Experience at The Elephant Camp
If you’re looking for a truly special Victoria Falls holiday experience, then consider The Elephant Camp. More than just a destination, it’s an experience, an encounter with nature and culture. Here you can view the power and majesty of the impressive Falls and take time on your private deck to relax and reflect.
Rated one of the best lodges in Zimbabwe, The Elephant Camp is more than just a destination - it's an experience, characterised by immersive encounters with nature and enlightening cultural and conservation excursions. The lodge is famous for its magnificent views, spacious design and beautiful location in the Victoria Falls National Park. The main deck overlooks the cavernous Batoka Gorge, with the 'Smoke That Thunders' resting lightly on the horizon. Victoria Falls is a short twenty-minute transfer from the lodge, giving guests the freedom to tailor-make their experience and find a balance between the exclusivity of the bush and the excitement of Africa's Adventure Capital.
From the sunken fire pit and boma dining area, to the private plunge pools and outdoor showers, The Elephant Camp promises an intimate safari experience in the heart of the wilderness. The uncluttered beauty of the interior spaces and the careful placement of each suite invites continuous engagements with nature, ensuring that the camp is enveloped by stillness and serenity.
The imaginative use of canvas preserves the romance of yesteryear with a classic safari atmosphere, accentuated by thoughtful finishing touches. There is a seamless flow between the lodge and the surrounding wilderness, with an open plan design that echoes the easy rhythm of nature. Even the bathtub has a panoramic view of the landscape, and the well-stocked mini-bar is replenished daily for a safari sundowner on the private deck. The air-conditioned suites inspire meaningful connections with the wilderness, while harnessing the essence of adventure inherent to a safari experience.
The dining experience reflects the breath-taking scenery and different seasonal ingredients. The outdoor pizza oven creates the opportunity for a connection between diners and chefs. While the handmade pizzas bake, you can relax on the eco-friendly deck and admire the sweeping landscape that stretches for miles before disappearing into the cavernous rift of the Batoka Gorge. This is a bush break holiday at its finest!
Activities can be adapted and planned according to preference, with a wide selection of adventures included in the package:
- Visit the Wild Horizons Elephant Sanctuary and Orphanage - a haven for orphaned and injured elephants since its inception. This is a heart-warming experience of love, trust and rehabilitation before release into the wild.
- A guided tour of the Victoria Falls rainforest.
- Lunch at the iconic Lookout Cafe, perched 120 meters above the Zambezi River rapids
- Cocktails and canapes on the rim of Batoka Gorge (the sundowner spot is a hidden gem exclusive to The Elephant Camp guests)
- Visit the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust and learn about innovative conservation initiatives from wildlife experts.
- The Victoria Falls Canopy Tour offers a network of slides, trails and rope bridge walkways within the canopy of the hardwood forest. This activity is a family favourite in Victoria Falls.
- Visit a rural village to experience a different lifestyle and form a cultural connection with the local community.
- Birding and nature walk through the private concession.
- A sunset cruise on the Zambezi River
Take advantage of the current 3-night special offer from R16,088 per person sharing which includes:
- Return flights from Johannesburg and airport taxes
- Hotel transfers
- Accommodation in a luxury tented safari suite
- All meals and selected drinks daily
- Game drive to the Batoka Gorge for cocktails and canapes
- Game drives in the National Park
- Sundowner cruise on the Zambezi
- Guided Tour of The Falls - excludes entry fee into the rainforest
- Visit to the Victoria Falls Wildlife Trust
Subject to availability and valid till 10 December 2021.
Call Thompsons for more information on the luxury 5* The Elephant Camp and get ready for the ultimate Victoria Falls holiday!