Arguably one of the most popular travel destinations in the world, the Mother City brings visitors from all over the globe to its shores. Beautiful beaches, spectacular scenery, friendly people and a cosmopolitan city are par for the course, with a number of attractions on offer ranging from Table Mountain, the V&A Waterfront, Robben Island, Camps Bay, the Cape Winelands, trendy Long Street, the SA National Museum and Planetarium, Company Gardens, Boulders Beach and many other highlights to enjoy on your South African vacation.
The Western Cape is an extravaganza of experiences: whale watching at Hermanus, quiet strolls through the botanical gardens of Kirstenbosch and wine tasting at legendary wine estates. Take a break with the sun-worshippers on the magnificent beaches of Clifton, Llandudno or Camps Bay, followed by a chilled sundowner cocktail at a classy beachside pub or lounge
Memorable Must-do Experiences
- Take the aerial route on a cable car to the top of Table Mountain, for unimaginable, panoramic views.
- Enjoy the scenic route along the False Bay coast, past the quaint fishing village of Kalk Bay. Stop at the naval harbour of Simonstown and visit the penguin colony at Boulders Beach before continuing on to Cape Point.
- Explore the wine route and take a drive down to Stellenbosch and savour the sights of the mountains and the fine flavours of a well-matured wine.
- Visit Robben Island, a former prison which was home to many of South Africa’s freedom fighters.
- Shop up a storm at the V&A Waterfront with its many world-class restaurants and retail outlets.
- The Franschhoek Wine Tram hop-on hop-off tour is one of the best ways to discover the true essence of these picturesque vineyards, with breath-taking scenery, world-class cuisine, fine wines and a 300 year history.
- Have a close encounter with sharks on a shark cage dive – and live to tell the tale!
- View the magnificent fauna & flora at the Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. Time your visit right and catch a summer sunset concert.
- Enjoy panoramic views of the city from the Cape Wheel at the V&A Waterfront precinct.
- Visit the Castle of Good Hope, the pentagonal fort with its moats and bastions, originally built to defend the Dutch settlement.
- Stage an all-round Cape experience with local artists, Cape humour and Cape Cuisine with Richards Supper.
From the quaint coastal town of Knysna to the beautiful beaches of Plettenberg Bay, the Garden Route offers a plethora of natural wonders. Stunning beaches are set against lush green forests that give this region its name. Highlights along the Garden Route include Knysna, home to beaches, forests, art galleries, harbour, festivals and excellent seafood; Nature’s Valley, a lush and spectacular nature extravaganza near Plettenberg Bay; the easy-going small town atmosphere of George and of course breath-taking beaches and perpetual holiday atmosphere of Plettenberg Bay. Memorable Must-do Experiences
- See the Garden of Eden, an enchanting forest, near Knysna, one of the most lush and beautiful parts of the Knysna forest. The gift of natural beauty and excellent climate makes the Garden Route one of the best golf destinations in South Africa.
- Golfers can enjoy their sport on various spectacular courses.
- Hire a yacht and cruise on the beautiful Knysna Lagoon.
- Crawl through the spectacular Cango Caves, close to Oudtshoorn.
- Visit the large Addo Elephant Park and the Knysna Elephant Park.
- Enjoy oyster tasting in Knysna.
- Don’t miss spectacular whale watching.
- Take the adventurous canopy tour in the Tsitsikamma forest, riding high on cables through the treetops.