Region: Johannesburg – Product Development
Department: Thompsons Holidays
This position holds many responsibilities, most importantly being the Administrative Support to the Product and Contracting Executive (PCE), specifically the accurate interpretation and communication of contracts received, to the Operations Department, for loading into the system.
The goal of the position is to ensure that contracts received are relevant and in line with the product strategy.
The key role of the position is to ensure that contracts received are relevant, comparative year on year and in line with the product strategy communicated by the Contracting Executive. You will need to adhere to the process of conversion of Inputs (contractual information) to reservations (Outputs) through the Thompsons’ business systems and assist in the management of communication between departments. You will be required to work closely with many different departments within the organisation, bringing them all together with a result to contribute to the company revenue and profit.
Do you have the following qualifications, skills and attributes?
• Must be Self-motivated, use initiative, work well under pressure, and be a team player
• Experience with reading and interpreting contracts and service level agreements - Must have a precise understanding of contracts and their terms and conditions
• Tourism Diploma and proven track record of a minimum of 3 years working in a tour operator environment preferably in a contracts environment
• Good working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office Applications - Outlook, Office
• Knowledge of Travel Studio will be an advantage.
• Experience working with margins and costings and finances.
• Strong analytical and attention to detail ability.
• Good Global Geographical knowledge.
• Problem solving skills – solution orientated
• Excellent written and verbal communication and listening skills (Ability to interact with all levels of management, customers and staff
• Strong Administrative and numeracy skills and information gathering skills
• Results orientated - Must be able to work at a fast pace and in stressful situations and be adaptable - Experience in setting and meeting deadlines
• Strong organisational abilities - Ability to effectively manage time and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Able to work outside of normal working hours and travel when required
Should you feel you qualify, please follow this procedure:
1. Email your own personal CV and motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org by 08 September 2017
2. Should you meet the minimum requirements and be shortlisted for interview process you will be requested to go through applicable assessments and interview with HR.
3. Once through the initial assessment and you are further shortlisted you will be required to attend a final interview where you may be requested to undergo a work related task
4. Finally, should you be the BEST person for the position, an offer will be forthcoming
The company will consider both internal and external applications concurrently for this position.
Positions may be withdrawn without notice. Should you not receive a response from us, within one week of sending your c.v. please consider your application unsuccessful.
Should you have any queries regarding this, please do not hesitate to contact Trudie Jacobs.