Region: Johannesburg / Cape Town Office
Department: Thompsons Holidays - Groups and Incentives
Do you have the drive and determination to convert leads and close the sale?
Thompsons Holidays is looking for a Groups and MICE Travel Specialist, who has a curious, creative and innovative personality. Must have experience in constructing group holiday packages and itineraries and reaching sales targets in a Groups and MICE travel consulting environment with experience in converting leads and closing sales. Suitable candidates will work in an exciting sales driven environment, which rewards achievers.
Do you have the following experience, skills and attributes?
• Minimum 4 years’ experience packaging and selling groups travel packages
• Travel or Tourism Certificate (Level 5) (an advantage)
• Amadeus or other GDS
• Practical experience in reading an understanding Contracts and Service Level Agreements
• Practical experience in constructing costings and travel itineraries and experience in compiling group proposals and presentations
• Must be able to meet targets and perform under pressure
• Global airfares, product and geographical knowledge an advantage
• Working knowledge of Excel and other MS Office Applications - Outlook, Office, PowerPoint
• Excellent Numeracy Skills with high accuracy and concentration, focusing on detail
• Strong calculation and negotiation skills
• Comfortable presenting to potential clients
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively manage time and to perform multiple tasks simultaneously
• Strong administrative skills
• Results driven and able to meet deadlines
• Must be a team player and customer service focused
• Able to work outside normal working hours from time to time.
Should you feel you qualify, please follow this procedure:
1. Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a short motivation as to why you would be the best person for this position.
2. Should you meet the minimum requirements you will be requested to go through applicable assessments and interview with HR.
3. Should you be further shortlisted you will be required to attend a final interview where you may be requested to undergo a work related task
4. Finally, should you be the BEST person for the position, an offer will be forthcoming
Positions may be withdrawn without notice. Please consider your application unsuccessful, should you not receive a response from us within one week of sending us your application.